Course: GCE A Level AS and A2
· Explore the biological basis of life in both animals and plants.
· In Year 12 students will study cell biology, transport and exchange systems in both plants and animals and the structure and function of important biological molecules.
The Course requires:
· In depth investigation of all aspects of biology
· Practical skills development
· Independent research
· Keeping up to date with developing issues in biology through newspapers and scientific journals.
· Two examinations, one in January and one in July (80%)
· Practical skills are internally assessed through skills assignment. Set by OCR (20%)
· This qualification will be suitable for students wishing to pursue an academic route for their scientific studies.