The Priory Federation of Academies Trust: Charter
The Priory Ruskin Academy welcomes the opportunity to be an equal and valued partner within the Priory Federation of Academies Trust, and sees its success measured in the achievement of its own targets and in the achievements of the Trust as a whole.
We aim to contribute to the overall success of the Trust by:
1. Celebrating and building on the traditions and ethos of The Priory LSST School.
2. Developing our specialisms across the Trust and working with others to develop theirs
3. Talking a Trust wide approach to the recruitment and selection of staff
4. Ensuring that our facilities are used to their fullest extent by The Trust and its community
5. Coordinating our calendar to ensure that it enhances the opportunities for staff and students to work on Trust
6. Contributing to Trust wide CPD opportunities for all staff
7. Adapting our timetable and options system to promote wider choice and participation for staff and students
within the Trust
8. Integrating the Centre des Etoiles into the Academy’s Curriculum and Enhancement programmes
9. Deploying our ASTs, within the Trust AST team, to promote Learning and Teaching across the Trust
10. Making a unique contribution to the development of knowledge, skills and understanding in education
11. Providing the Trustees with accurate and useful information about the progress of the Academy
We aim to ensure the continued success of The Priory Ruskin Academy by:
1. Raising progress between key stages in order to increase CVA and attainment
2. To communicate the vision and values of The Priory Ruskin Academy and Federation, so all staff are clear of its
ethos and philosophy.
3. Establish a robust and rigorous Quality Assurance system.
4. All students have an outstanding learning experience at The Priory Ruskin Academy.
5. Establish a House system built on academic rigour.
6. Develop a curriculum that is suitably challenging and differentiated with an emphasis on visual arts and
Sport / health.
7. To develop the sixth form curriculum offer to include a range of BTEC and A level courses.
8. Introducing the latest ICT innovations and Management Information Systems to enhance learning and improve
9. Setting appropriate ECM targets to develop student potential.
10. Providing an environment in which, staff, students and governors can be supported and developed to both achieve
their own personal goals and develop their skills, knowledge and understanding.
11. Developing a unique committee structure that holds the senior team to account.