The Trust has an overarching ethos that is articulated through: a Mission statement, a Motto, a Charter, a Contract and a set of Values. There is, therefore, an open, conscious and emotional ‘buy-in’ to the Trust from its Academies.
- To improve the life chances of our students.
- To ensure that all students appreciate the excitement of learning, the rewards of personal challenge and the importance of helping others – and so become true citizens of the world.
sic itur ad astra
‘by the good deeds you do, you will be remembered in the stars for eternity’ Aeneid, Virgil
In addition to this overarching motto, each academy has its own motto.
Each academy has a charter, which demonstrates how it will support the Trust in achieving its Mission. Each Charter is in two parts. The first part of the Charter, which is common to all Academies, is an explanation of how each Academy can contribute to the development of the Trust. The second part, which is unique to each Academy, identifies how the Academy can ensure continued progress.
This is the agreement signed by every parent/carer and student on entry to one of our academies.
The Trust values:
- Highly motivated students who give their very best regardless of starting points or personal circumstance and who behave appropriately at all times.
- Excellent staff who bring out the true potential in others.
- Well considered personal and professional development opportunities.
- Quality learning environments that are stimulating, nurturing and safe.
- Significant opportunities to celebrate success in all its forms.
- Active participation in a wider learning community.
- High levels of integrity, personal responsibility and intelligent accountability
The Trust Contract ‘Online’
In order that this contract is not just a vague promise that is easily forgotten, we have made sure that as partners in the contract we have specific guidelines to follow. For each partner, we have reproduced their element of the Contract on a specific web page with hyperlinks to the supporting guidelines, basic expectations and general information.