Applicants: Privacy Statement
As part of your application process, we ask that you read the main privacy statement available on the Trust website on this link: Privacy Statement
We also need you to read and accept how we process your application data.
The following explains how The Priory Federation of Academies Trust intends to use the information you provide in your application, along with your rights, our reasons for requesting it and who will have access to it.
As defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The Trust is the Data Controller and ultimately responsible for ensuring the data you provide is kept secure, processed correctly and that you understand your legal rights in relation to the data you provide. As part of our Data Controller responsibilities, we have an assigned Data Protection Officer who can be contacted at email@example.com
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We collect information that is specifically provided by you as part of an application process. We will collect the following (but not limited to):
- Name, address, email, telephone number
- CV (if applicable)
- Equal opportunities monitoring information (defined as special categories data) - this information is purely for statistical analysis and monitoring purposes
- Answers to application questions
- Any other information you wish to provide in support of your application
By agreeing to this privacy statement, you are allowing us to form a contract that will mean we can use your details and information presented so that we can assess your suitability for employment with us and carry out our statistical analysis.
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION AND WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
Details you provide in this application:
- Will be held on our computer systems and may be downloaded by us
- Will be used to deal with your application
- Will be made available to us and our processors
- Will be used for communication with you regarding the vacancy
- Will be used to satisfy legal requirements
- Will be used for statistical analysis
- Will be held and may be used to contact you about other vacancies
We will store your application data for 6 months. After this period, it will be fully anonymised/deleted.
Only if you are successfully recruited, will we upload your details to our HR system. As a member of staff, you will sign a contract of employment and agree to additional terms on how your data is handled and stored. We also use a payroll provider which will handle the data you have provided for payroll purposes only.
Our recruitment process requires that we contact the referees provided by you as part of our checks to ascertain suitability of employment. The content of the reference will not be shared without the referee's permission. We also ask if we can contact your referees before the interview stage.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THE INFORMATION YOU HOLD ABOUT ME? YOUR RIGHTS
We are dedicated to providing reasonable access to visitors who wish to review the personal information retained when they apply via our website and correct any inaccuracies it may contain. In all cases, we will treat requests to access information or change information in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
You have the following rights in relation to the way in which we deal with your personal data:
- the right of erasure or to be forgotten
- the right to rectification if information is inaccurate or out of date
- the right of data portability (to obtain and reuse your personal data)
- the right to object to I Trent and the controller’s and processors’ handling of your personal data
- the right to withdraw your consent with regards to the handling of your personal data
- you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (Subject Access Request - S.A.R.)
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority - the ICO
To request a copy of your application please email the Recruitment Department at Prioryrecruitment@pripryacademies.co.uk.
Where you exercise your right to object or withdraw your consent, we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by law or regulatory requirements to do so. In such a case, we will not process more personal data than is required under the circumstances.
If you are not satisfied by our actions, you can seek recourse through our internal complaints procedure by contact the HR department at FederationHR@prioryacademies.co.uk. If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) or seek recourse through the courts.